- The Bloomingdale, Chicago’s Awesome New Public Space, Makes Its Debut | Streetsblog Chicago (PDF)
- Video: Ride the Bloomingdale Trail from End to End | Streetsblog Chicago (PDF)
The very worst thing that can be said about Chicago is that the Governor is right! This city is a sink hole for public funds. And regardless of the ‘spin‘ that goes on from its Urban Cycling Community you always get the feeling that even they do not like very much what they are given.
- Inaugural Ride of Cal-Sag Trail (2015) (BeezodogsPlace)
Peel away the hoopla and look at the costs of the 606 and the Cal-Sag Trail and you find your jaw dropping. It is safe to say that you may find that the entirety of the 100 mile loop of trails that will one day be completed might have cost less than the 2.7 miles of the 606. How is that even possible?
- Old Plank Trail To Finally Make Connections (BeezodogsPlace)
- Federal funds pave way for Chicago-area bike paths, walking trails (BeezodogsPlace)
- Cal-Sag Extended to Old Plank Road (BeezodogsPlace)
The Urban Cycling Movement in Chicago is possibly a sham. This is beginning to look more like a neat way to siphon off funds for bicycle infrastructure and pocket most of it for other needs. Yikes!