September 30, 2013
Source: League of American Bicyclists
An easy way to make sure your bike is in good working order is to do an ABC Quick Check.
This Monday, we’re highlighting the “Basic Bike Check” in our latest bike education video. You can watch and download all of the videos here.
- Air: Be sure you have enough air in your tires
- Brakes: Look to see that your brake pads are not worn
- Chain and Cranks: Pull on your cranks to see that they are not loose and look to see that the chain is not rusted and it is free of gunk
- Quick Release: Make sure all quick releases are closed
- Check: Take a slow brief ride to check that your bike is working properly